The project has five key objectives:
- To build public trust by strengthening the media’s role as an independent watchdog and a forum for democratic debate;
- To strengthen partnerships with media policy makers at ministerial and parliamentary level and with key stakeholders lobbying for media reforms;
- To forge closer links between media practitioners across the region, thereby facilitating an ongoing exchange of experience and information;
- To develop capacities in the media sector so that key players can rise to new professional challenges and respond to audience needs;
- To enrich and expand the informational resources available to the institutions and individuals responsible for implementing media reforms in the Southern Mediterranean Region.